Thursday, December 1, 2016

Where we went over budget

Oh, the holidays, where to begin?  We went over on our grocery budget.  Normally, I withhold $1 every two weeks in savings to pull from during the holidays, but we totally blew that amount.  I had $14, I spent $55ish.  Having blown the budget already, I resorted to my bad habit of completely disregarding the budget last week, since I only had $30 to spend for the whole week, and just spent whatever I felt like.  Which left us about $100 over budget for the whole month, and we didn't even host Thanksgiving, so we have no excuse.  I am going to start laying aside more than a dollar a paycheck, though, so that next year I won't be in the same pickle.
We were a bit extravagant and got a camera that we really should have saved up for instead of buying it now, but our old camera has been limping along for a while now, and we lost the battery charger, so rather than buying a new battery charger for a dying camera, we decided to get a new camera.  I'm regretting it a bit now.  We spent about $155 more than we had in savings for household improvement (which is what I put electronics under in our budget), so now we're in trouble.
All of the other categories that it looks like we went over on, we didn't- we had the money in the accounts for those.
Wish us luck on Christmas and keeping things in line.  Good luck to you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment