Saturday, May 14, 2016

Challenge update and where we went over

Even though I'm still allowing myself the same amount of money for groceries, I am amazed at how much more money I seem to have when I really pay attention to what we are using in our house.  There really is a lot of food waste, and as much as the kids complain about it, we are eating up more of our leftovers instead of letting them go bad in the back of the fridge.  So far, I've only tossed one container of leftovers.  I'm even using up bits and pieces of produce in salads and soups, and haven't gotten any complaints about that.
One thing I do have to complain about is myself.  I am so bad about checking how much money we actually have to spend in each category before I spend it.  I just assume I have a general knowledge, but sometimes that knowledge is off.  We went out to eat to celebrate my husband's raises, and we overspent there.  We also overspent on car repair, but that was rather unavoidable- my husband's car's tires had the steel belts showing, so it was time for an overdue alignment and new tires.
I hope you're doing better than me this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment