Friday, February 2, 2018

Where we went over budget

We blew it on multiple fronts this month.  I guess we were making up for being angels for Christmas and staying within our means.
Household: we bought a new mattress.  We went all out.  Our old one was 22 years old, and both M and I have been having back issues, so we got a nice one.  This was planned, and to be paid for by our tax money, which we *should* be getting before the credit card bill comes due.
Water: we continue to far exceed the projections for what the water bill should be hitting.  It's a learning process, as they've changed the rates, but we're also letting the kids do more dishes, which they're not very efficient at.  I also should be more conservative in my showers.  I've been lazy about how long I stay in there.
Groceries are another area which I went over.  Our printer cartridges needed replacing, and I need to be better about budgeting for those, since they cost so much, and have to be replaced infrequently.  Our budget has changed to be a bit higher, since we've used the WIC program for years, and our youngest has now aged out of it.
One of the most embarrassing overages this month was that I got a speeding ticket, and I'm trying to keep it off my record, so there've been several charges for court fee, class fee, I don't even know what agency fee, etc.  Speeding is expensive!  Good thing this is only the second ticket I've ever gotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment