Saturday, July 23, 2016

Where we went over budget

We did take our vacation a few weeks ago and I forgot to mention that we did go over budget in a few areas because of that.  One of them was gas, and though I tried to plan ahead for that, it is difficult when you are traveling a big distance, and I didn't plan for tolls, of which there were several.  We also went over budget for the actual vacation spending as well.  I'd like to say it was just $7.66, as it appears in this month's budget, but we did buy things for the vacation ahead of time, as well as reservation deposits, so it came out to be an additional $141.84, bringing the total over budget at $149.50.  We could have gone cheaper, but we chose to make it easier on ourselves and eat out at least once a day, rather than packing and eating out of a cooler all the time like we have in the past.  I go back and forth on this issue, knowing that packing food and cooking while on vacation can be a point of stress for me, so it makes the vacation less enjoyable, but the tightwad in me cringes at spending so much more money eating out.

No comments:

Post a Comment