Tuesday, December 1, 2015

December's challenge!

Considering how I kept going over budget on food this month, I need a challenge to save money on food!
I consider myself fairly frugal on food already, so I don't feel that I should actually cut money from the budget right now, but I know I can use what I already buy more frugally, so here are my ideas:
*Give smaller portions to the kids, especially my little ones, so that there is less food waste.  They can always get seconds if they're still hungry (or thirds, or fourths, etc).
*Give smaller portions to myself!  I sometimes eat more just because it tastes good, not because I am still hungry.  I love food!
*Be careful with produce- don't buy more than I will use in a week.
*Eat up those leftovers!  If it was a particular dinner disaster, see if I can make it more palatable (a little cheese sometimes goes a long way towards making something more appealing- haha)
*One of my biggest flaws- if I don't have money for a "great deal"  Don't Buy It!  It's not a great deal if I'm spending money I don't have.
Any other ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment